Week 9 – GTD – Getting Things Done – Part 1

“Day 092/366 – To Do List” by Great Beyond is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0 Your toughest work is defining what your work is! – Peter Drucker

SUMMARY: Write your weekly summary here, last, at the end of the week… Only one to two sentences of WHAT YOU DID

CLASSROOM (THEORY & ANALYSIS): The Art of Stress-Free Productivity: David Allen. The art of stress-free productivity was a very interesting watch, I understand the whole idea for the most part, but of course until I do it there will and are things that don’t make sense. Writing things down to get it out of your head makes sense, that way you don’t have to be constantly thinking about it and you can just look at it and be like “ok, thats what I have to do next,” and then do it. It can also help you organize things, put things in a certain order, so that you can tackle things in whatever way you see fit.

PRACTICE ROOM (TUTORIALS): Missing assignments, Late work, Projects, Ask Questions, Raise grades, Finish Blog Posts, Take quiz’s to open simulation, Work on simulations, watch how too and informational videos, complete the study guides for videos, take quiz for each video, Read my book, write about my book, deal with political assignments.

STEP 2: NOTICE WHAT YOU NOTICED: Raise Grades, Ask Questions, Missing Assignments, Late Work, Projects, Finish Blog Posts, Watch How To and Informational Videos, Complete the Study Guides for Videos, Take Quiz for Each Video, Read My Book, Write About My Book, Take Quiz’s to Open Simulation, Work On Simulation, Deal with Political Assignments.

STEP 3: SET A TIMER: Open OSD Portal, Do Check In, Submit Check In, Go to Schoology, Look at 1st Period if it is Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday Look at Work that Needs to be Done, Do Work, If it is Tuesday or Friday Do this for 4th Period, Then Move on to 2nd Period and Repeat, If it is Tuesday or Friday Move onto 5th Period, Then move onto 3rd Period and Repeat, If it is Tuesday or Friday Move onto 6th Period, Only on Wednesday, after 3rd Period Move onto 4th Period and Repeat, Then Move onto 5th Period and Repeat, Then Move onto 6th Period and Repeat, Once Done Close Everything, Then Shut Off Chromebook.

OUTSIDE (PRODUCTIVITY & THE BRAIN): I’ve been way to stressed lately, I haven’t been able to handle the change from being at school to online schooling and it has been affecting me and my grades. Not to mention that I was already pretty lazy, but now it’s getting pretty bad, on a consistent basis I have been feeling insanely lethargic and apathetic. It’s to the point where I don’t even really want to listen to music, play games, or watch anime.

OPTIONAL EXERCISE: “I coach C-suite executives and rising stars from the earliest startups to Fortune 100 companies. My passion is to help ambitious leaders achieve their full human potential.” – Read more about Katia…

WHAT I LEARNED and PROBLEMS I SOLVED: I learned that I need to take things on at a time, to look at each thing separately and objectively. Also that writing things down can do a lot for you. I solved a problem that I was having with where to start, well more like I found a way to solve it day by day. Look at all I have to do in a list and find the things that can be done the quickest and then do them.